Sunday, January 10, 2016

Reflecting on 2015

I love this time of time of year, when things slow down a bit, and the new year gives a feeling of a fresh start. With this comes reflections and resolutions. In years past, I would spend hours journaling my chosen resolutions with various sub resolutions and large goals. The problem was, it was too many to focus on and halfway through the year I could not even remember one of them.

Maybe I'm getting older and accepting myself more or maybe it has been by trial and error but in the last few years, I have given up on all of those lofty goals. I have taken a more broad approach to it. The overarching theme is just to be a better version of myself. 



Last year my theme was "dream big". And I did. The year brought about many big things...getting married and buying our home, growing my business, starting this blog and sharing more of my own art. By allowing myself to be more open with my art and words; new opportunities have been presented. My life feels more in balance and satisfying.  Looking ahead, I feel excited to continue down this road, to dream big and have the courage to create without self made boundaries and limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment