Thursday, February 12, 2015

Daily Practice

Almost a year ago I began a practice that has transformed the way I begin each day. Typically my day would start with dragging myself out of bed, pouring as much coffee into my system as possible, and rushing through my morning only to grab some food to eat in the car on the way to work. Hectic, crazy, and usually accompanied by multi tasking with social media and thoughts of my to do lists.

Now it begins a little differently.  After waking and taking care of the necessary tasks such as walking the dog and preparing my coffee, I curl up in the corner of my couch and enjoy 15 minutes of mindful stitching.

I stitch without expectations or a plan. I allow myself the freedom to just enjoy the process of the repetitive stitch.  It is in this time that my mind is able to relax and sit in stillness. Once my time is up, I feel satisfied and ready to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment